At Goldin Iron & Metal Recycling Corp., we recycle freon bearing appliances including refrigerators, freezers, dehumidifiers and air conditioners. To recycle these items you must pay us $15 per unit if the freon has not been removed by a professional. We do not pay for the metal on those units if the freon has not been removed properly.
If a freon bearing appliance has had the freon removed by a licensed professional, we need a copy of the license. We will then pay for the metal on the unit if we have a copy of the license and if the proper paperwork is completed. If you do not have a copy of the license, you will have to pay the $15 to recycle the unit.
For your protection and for the protection of the environment, we follow recycling rules in accordance with the Wisconsin department of natural resources.
To learn more, click here.
Additional items we will accept IF:
- Engine blocks – if oil pan is removed and all liquids are drained.
- Transmissions - if pan and converter are removed with all liquids drained.
- Riding lawnmowers - if tires are removed and oil is drained.
- Snowmobiles - if track, gas tank hood and seat are removed.
- Fuel oil tanks and barrels - if cut in half and cleaned out.
- Steel fence wire - if separate from load.
- Barbed wire and cable - if cut into 3ft. pieces
- Batteries - if lead based.
- Motorcycles - if tires and gas tank are removed.
- Gas tanks - if all rubber and plastic is removed.
Items that we will always REFUSE:
- Propane Tanks